Well, having a percentage of more than 100% of active installs on Market seems a bit unrealistic to me. However, this is what it shows in my Android Market app listing. The one shown on the right is a paid that had just been launched, so I guess the Android Market didn’t update its internal statistics properly yet.
The mix of to get a high percentage of active installs is fairly easy:
- Have a good app with as less bugs as possible.
- Provide a good app / user experience.
- Have a good presentation of your app on the Android Market (or other stores).
- Establish a relationship with your users (connect to them via Twitter, ask then to sign up for your newsletter, reply to their emails addressing their issues, questions and suggestions, etc.)
- Tell your existing users you have a new app available.